Oranges, lots of lovely oranges! We had a whole bag of Valencia oranges that we needed to use so I decided to squeeze them and make fresh juice for pancakes and crepes and so Crepes Suzette was the inspiration for this recipe (but with the omission of sugar and liqueur).
The Banana Flour Crepes can be made using the Buckwheat Crepes recipe but with 2 parts egg, 2 parts fresh orange juice and 1 part banana flour.
5 mins total (prep and cooking time), serves 1 or 2
1 teaspoon arrowroot flour
1 tablespoon ghee*
1/2 cup orange juice*
- In a small bowl mix the arrowroot and a small amount of the orange juice to make a watery paste
- Then add the remainder of the orange juice and stir
- In a small saucepan melt the ghee on a low heat
- Once melted pour in the orange juice and whisk
- Continue to whisk over the low heat until the sauce starts to thicken
- Once it is at your preferred consistency then turn off the heat and serve
Butter – if you can tolerate butter then use 1 tablespoon of butter instead of ghee
Orange zest – you could also add the zest of a whole or half an orange to give it more zing
Sweetner – the sauce is sweet enough for me but you may like to add some sweetener of your choice. Once the sauce is ready just add 1/2 teaspoon to a 1 teaspoon and whisk it in