I’ve been drinking green tea daily since living in China in 2003/04 where I quickly became immersed in the culture of tea drinking. Whilst green tea does contain caffeine it does not have the same effect as coffee (jitter free!) and I find that it does not upset my digestive system.
Matcha Green Tea is the powdered form of green tea and there are different grades. The better quality grade is for drinking and will be bright green and a lower grade will be a dull dark green. I use the higher grade for everything but that’s just because I have an acquired taste!
The benefit of Matcha over normal green tea leaves is that you actually ingest the entire leaf which means a higher dose of nutrients.
Now when you add a teaspoon of Matcha powder to your pancake mix, you are getting a Matcha Latte and meal in one. Timesaver or what!
15 mins total (prep and cooking time), serves 1 or 2
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon almond milk
1 teaspoon Matcha Green Tea
Maple syrup to taste (if required)
- Mash the banana with a fork
- Whisk or use the fork to mix in the other ingredients
- Pour or spoon palm size (or smaller) amounts into a non-stick pan on low to medium heat
- Turn when bubbles form/slightly cooked around the outside
- Top with fresh fruit and enjoy your pancakes and latte in one!